Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Shall we Dance?!

I must say that I wasn't really anticipating this season of DWTS. There weren't any stars I was interested in seeing but I decided to give it a shot anyway and found myself pleasantly surprised! I am specifically speaking about Ian Ziering (Steve, 90210) and Laila Ali(daughter of Muhammed Ali and undefeated champion boxer). They have quickly become my favorites. I am also enjoying and found myself rooting for Apolo Anton Ohno as well as Heather Mills(I love an underdog).

I think Billy Ray Cyrus is basically the comic relief of the show...especially last week when he tried to pull Karina's hair out ironically to his new single referring to a mullett. First of all, he had a mullett when he was dancing his "Achy Breaky Heart" out in the 90's. Billy....It's the millenium!! Did you get the memo?!?

Then there is N'Syncer Joey Fatone. There was no doubt he would be good with his boy band background so no surprise there. Leeza Gibbons is holding her own and proud of the fact she turned 50. YOU GO GIRL!! Clyde Drexler is smooth for someone almost 7 feet tall, "Cheers' former mailman, Cliff", John Ratzenberger is out to prove something as he is the oldest celebrity in the competition.

Last night was the inevitable "First cut". They showed a package of former contestants that were first to be eliminated. So, when they got right down to it...It was between"Supermodel" Paulina Porizkova and the resident "Ken and Barbie" (judges comments...not mine), "Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey. Unfortunately, Paulina met her fate and she was eliminated. She said she felt like a little kid playing on the playground and the parents came to get her, but she wasn't ready to leave yet. I actually thought that was well thought out....for a supermodel. :P

So, we will see what happens! Next Week: The Jive and the Tango! *Puts rose in teeth*

Stay tuned...same blog time...same blog channel! ;)

No comments: