Wednesday, March 28, 2007

GRRRR...When will it END?!?

If you are as entranced with the phenomenom know as Idol like I am, you have been hooked from Season 1 when a small town girl from Texas was crowned the very first American Idol. Of course I am talking about Kelly Clarkson. She has been a household name ever since....as well as many others that have graced the Idol stage. Clay, Ruben, Kimberley Locke (LOVE HER!!), Fantasia, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry and how can we forget Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson! We have enjoyed 5 seasons of horrible auditions, heartbreaking stories, surprise departures, judges comments that made us cringe and moments that deserve standing ovations.

This season has brought us some more genuine talent such as Melinda Doolittle, LaKisha Jones, Blake Lewis, and Jordin Sparks to name a few. If you are an avid watcher, like myself, you have noticed (and dreaded) the one contestant that always seems to overstay their welcome while some of the more deserving and talented hopefuls get eliminated one by one. If you have been watching this season, you know who I am talking about. I refuse to post a picture or say his name in order to give "The Kid" more publicity. Well, apparently, this debacle is all due to a bunch of "fans and supporters" who want to see him win BECAUSE he is bad! I'm sure there are some fans that vote for him because they think he is cute, they like his personality or just want to see what he will do next.....*sigh* Folks, I am here to say......Did we NOT learn anything from William Hung?!?

I do have to admit when we were in Hollywood week, "The Kid" was cool. He gave his sister support when she got booted....I liked him....he seems sincere and a nice person. Nonetheless, know when you are beaten and leave with some dignity. Don't let contestants with more talent(Stephanie Edwards and Sundance Head among others) get eliminated just so you can embarrass yourself one more week! I partially blame his "fan base", but I also lay some of the blame with the judges. They put him in the Top 24. Was he really better than some of the other talent?!?!

Anyway, I wanted to take this opportunity to rant because I am a huge fan of this show and feel it is an injustice if this goes on another week.....although Haley Scarnato is still there so maybe "The Kid" will live another week. Let's see what happens tonight....maybe the mohawk will be the final straw.....one can only hope! *Shrugs*

2 comments:

Rob Adams said...

I really don't have anyhting to offer because I don't watch AI, but I wanted to post a comment on your blog. So here's my comment.

You go, girl! Or something like that.

Unknown said...

Hee hee ok I haven't really been watching, ever since I didn't make it through the auditions ...BUT!

This little Mowgli boy is just another page from the Jungle Book and he need to take his little bony behind right back in there...LOL i heard him sing and I was horrified! I was like "EWWW"!