Sunday, April 29, 2007

MOVING DAY!!!!

Hey Kids!

Well, I did it! I am finally the PROUD renter of a 1 bedroom apartment! I am no longer a renter of basements. I am out of the basement and on my own in a BEAUTIFUL, SPACIOUS one bedroom!

*Looks around* There are boxes everywhere and I don't know where to begin but it is all mine. As my face wells up with tears, I think back to the long, hard road that got me here and I am proud of myself for hanging in there and not giving up.

Two years ago, I was living in a nice "first apartment" studio basement with my own private entrance and a nice patio. It was great but I never realized what I have been missing out on being totally on my own. I must admit, I was a bit nervous and it was a bit overwelming to have all of this space for myself. I was scared, but I knew the risk was definitely going to be worth it. From top to bottom, EVERYTHING is mine!

I will have pics soon...once I get more settled and unpack the very unattractive cardboard boxes everywhere. I find myself looking around and I keep having to pinch myself swearing it is all a dream that I don't want to wake up from, but it isn't...this is very real and I am psyched about all of the possibilities!! Hardwood floors and HUGE living room and arched entry way...*Shakes head* I made it!!! I have been hearing the theme song to The Jeffersons in my head since yesterday..."Well...we're moving on up...to the East side....to a deluxe apartment in the skkyyyyy!!!!" Although...there are no beans burning in the kitchen....*Scratches head* I will have to work on the whole cooking thing...*shrugs*

So, moving day went well. The movers had everything in the truck within a half an hour and after a semi-sentimental farewell to my roomies, I was on my way back to Westchester! After everything was in and the movers left, Susan, Jason and I just looked around and Susan (my personal interior decorator) said....."Let's go shoppin!!!" So, we piled in the car and ended up at The Christmas Tree Shoppe!!! I got 2 new matching lamps and a nice basket for magazines to put on the side of the couch...*thinking* Didn't know you needed a basket for magazines..*Shrugs* ANYWAY......they were here for moral support (God knows I always need it) and we had pizza and hung out in MY apt. :)

You know it's funny.....no matter how much you try, you can never fully prepare for the things in store for you. I honestly never thought this would happen for me. For the past year, I had given up 4 hours of my life every day to sitting on a train, to catch another train to catch a bus and finally reach home too tired to speak and get up 4 1/2 hours later to do it all over again. Looking back on it now, it was a struggle but now that I am here....I now know that I had to go through that because in life there are lessons to be learned. Kimberley Locke says in one of her songs, "I wouldn't change a thing, cuz life is how you learn, you live, you learn and then you know..." Well, I guess I had to go through that year of my life to get me to the pot of gold on the other side. All I have to say, is every single moment sitting on those trains and that bus.....looking back on it now......was ALL worth it because this is truly the happiest I have EVER been!!! :)

No comments: