Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Friend...




I have been waiting to post this because I wanted to try to find the right words to justify the memories I have of my friend and how she impacted my life.

First I want to say that Sheila was not only my co-worker, but my friend and sometimes partner-in-crime. :) We always used to laugh and joke around. I used to try to make her laugh on purpose because I loved her reactions. Unfortunately, I do not remember the first time I met her but I would like to tell those of you who didn't know Sheila a little more about her.

Sheila was always very outspoken and told you how it was and that was what I loved and respected about her most. She never held back and always gave me honest advice when I needed it. One of my favorite memories of Sheila was this past holiday season, Sheila had this stuffed doll that sat on top of her cubicle wall and it had bells on it. So, one day I stopped by her desk and started playing with it and had an idea to make her laugh. So, I put the doll where she couldn't see it and shook my head the same time I shook the doll so it looked like the jingling was coming from my head(for those of you who know me, this is not a surprise as this is my normal behavior to get a laugh). Well, she started cracking up and I made it an every other day thing for as long as she had "Mr. Jingles" on the wall.

Whenever I was in a bad mood or upset, as I would pass by her desk I would hear, "Hey! Are you a Piss face today?!" Now when I realize I am in a bad mood or upset, I hear her saying that in my head and it makes me smile.

Sheila was a loving, caring, down-to-earth woman who's life was tragically cut short. For those of us who knew her, she will live on in our memories, but for those of you who didn't know her, she was a great friend, a pleasure to work with and I will miss her every day for the rest of my life.

Sheila passed away in her sleep the morning of May 1st. She was 40 years old.....Rest In Peace My Friend. You will be deeply missed. The day you passed away was the day a piece of my heart died along with you.

1 comment:

Rob Adams said...

I knew you could write this. Good job. She was a remarkable person.